Every Child Deserves a Shot at Life
Some moms walk 15 miles to reach life-saving vaccines for their children. We invite you to join us and spend 15 minutes (or less!) each day during World Immunization Week – now through April 28th – to help spread the word about the importance of global vaccines to give every child a shot at a
Check out our list of actions below for inspiration and educate your online and offline networks about the critical need for childhood vaccinations. Anything you can do to support Shot@Life would be amazing! Thank you, and let us know if you have questions!
Action a Day
- Saturday, April 21: Post a Shot@Life ad on your blog during launch week. You are welcome to use any photos from the Shot@Life Flickr page!
- Sunday, April 22: People will be hosting Shot@Life events during launch week. Check out the hashtag #vaccineswork and retweet about local events.
- Monday, April 23: Write a blog post about the Shot@Life campaign and share it via Shot@Life’s blog carnival on April 23. All submitted posts will be promoted via the Shot@Life blog and social media throughout the week. See below for content ideas.
- Tuesday, April 24: Share about the campaign via Facebook, tagging Shot@Life in the post. See below for content ideas.
- Wednesday, April 25: Shot@Life will collect 15-second videos from celebrities and supporters across the country on Facebook and Twitter via the Tout mobile app. Download the app and share a video via the Shot@Life Facebook tab. See below for content ideas.
- Thursday, April 26: During the Shot@Life national launch event in Atlanta (4/26 from 9-noon EST), Shot@Life will live tweet from the event. Join the conversation on Twitter via the hashtag #vaccineswork.
- Friday, April 27: Snap or post an old photo of your child achieving a milestone and share why that milestone was important to you. Tag or tweet Shot@Life in your update so we can share it!
- Saturday, April 28: In whatever way feels best/easiest, share about Shot@Life, whether that’s a closing blog post, tweet, Facebook update, Pinterest image, or something else.
Be sure to visit Shot@Life on Facebook for daily updates!
Content Ideas (for blog posts, tweets, videos, etc.)*
- Why you are a supporter of Shot@Life
- Encourage your readers to join the campaign and donate during launch week at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What do you want to give children around the world a shot at?
- What is your favorite childhood milestone?
- Why you are standing up for childhood?
- What is your wish for children in the developing world?
- 1 in 5 children do not have access to life-saving vaccines that we in the developed world can so easily take for granted.
- Every 20 seconds (approximately 1.5 million children each year) a child will die from a preventable disease — too often a disease that could have been prevented by an immunization.
- For $20 you can protect a child for a life from four diseases. What have you purchased recently for $20 (e.g., three 64-pack boxes of Crayola Crayons, two bottles of bubble bath, four tubs of baby wipes). Share about something you recently spent $20 on and encourage donation at http://shotatlife.org/
- Some moms walk 15 miles to reach life-saving vaccines for their children. Can you spare 15 minutes (or even as little as 15 seconds) to share about this campaign?
*You are welcome to use photos from the Shot@Life photos on Flickr.